Sunday, February 12, 2012

So...I'm fresh off a return trip from the white, north frost-hole of Finland, and let me holler that it is good to be in the States again.  A goal to play professional hockey was satiated while I was abroad, and an experience it certainly was.  Sadly, I happened to be in an area riddled with rivers and streams alike for several months with no fly rod and a layer of ice over most of them that would give wedding cake a short man's complex.  But hey, at least the tying bench had it's days...so many days...winter knows where to shove it at this point.  Tying has consumed a better part of my brain over these last several months and it has continued upon my return.  Practice is certainly not making perfect, but it is amazing how time on the vice equates to better and better flies.  Due to my pending unemployment, art and tying of the fly are topping the list of choice activities.  Sean, my better half's brother, swung by yesterday to whip up a couple bugs.  He is just getting started, and it was really fun to help him with some of the basics and to revisit some of the flies that I first tied when starting out.  We were able to hack out some classics like the Adams, Woolly Bugger, EHC, and one of my favorites, the Bird's Nest all the while listening to the glorious Minnesota Public Radio's 89.3 The Current.  Of course the only thing left to do is fish these little creations and hearing "Go Outsitde" by Cults practically had me in the car to So. Minnesota for some spring creek action...maybe soon!  On that note let me share with you a pattern or two that I came up with across the pond and how about a link so you all can sample Cults and wanna get the hell outside.  Lates until next time.

Cults-Go Outside  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAM9diyVRiM



Mixed Dub Foam Back Emerger #12-16


Foam Butt Rusty #10-16


Stone Zone Black #8


No comments:

Post a Comment